Core Values and Statement of Faith
What we believe and live.
1. Unconditional love:
At Hijos de Dios, we believe that every adult, teenager and child who lives, works at and is served by us is unconditionally loved by God. We believe that each person is worth the blood of Christ and can be transformed by His grace. Each person at Hijos de Dios will be given nurture, dignity, kindness, respect, hope, patience and love.
(John 3:16-17; 1 John 3:1; 1 Corinthians 13)
2. Salvation, Healing and Destiny:
At Hijos de Dios, we believe that God’s gift of salvation by grace is for everyone and we will share this salvation with all we meet. We believe that God can heal every wound: spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical. We will ask and allow God to heal broken areas in our lives, and help everyone we work with/serve to receive healing as well. We believe that every person has a destiny. We will help individuals, families, the nation of Guatemala and where we work in Central America to discover their destiny, no matter the age, abilities, intelligence or history.
(Ephesians 2:8; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 2:9)
3. Confessing, Repenting, Forgiving:
At Hijos de Dios, we believe in confessing our sins, repenting for our sins and asking for and giving forgiveness to everyone we serve and work with. We will be the example to those around us in this area. We will receive new mercies from God every day and give new mercies every day to those we serve and work with.
(James 5:16; 1 John 1:9; Isaiah 30:15; Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:10; 2 Peter 3:9; Colossians 3:13)
4. Prayer, Bible reading and a relationship with God:
At Hijos de Dios, we will develop our relationship with God through prayer and bible reading and we will model to all those around us a healthy and real relationship with God. We will pray with them, read the bible with them and share our lives with them as Jesus shares his life with us.
(Matthew 6:9-15; Luke 18:1-8; Matthew 22:37; 1 Timothy 4:16; 1 John 2:5-6)
At Hijos de Dios, we believe in being directed by the Holy Spirit in everything we do; from the smallest task to the greatest decision. The Holy Spirit is our counselor, guide, friend and God. We aim to obey him as we serve Him and each other. We will be led by the Holy Spirit in faith and not in fear.
(John 16:13; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Galatian 5:22-23; Ephesians 5:18-20; 1 John 4:13)
6. Strength based:
At Hijos de Dios, we believe in thinking the best of everyone and their ability to overcome. We believe in discovering who each person is and their destiny in Christ. Their value comes from who they are and not what they do. We believe in becoming more like Jesus and helping those around us to be like Him. We do this by developing our character through Christ in a positive environment and not a punishment environment. We believe in blessing and not cursing.
(Revelation 12:11; Deuteronomy 33; 2 Peter 3:9; Acts 9:1-31; John 21; Luke 15:11-31)
7. We value professional team conduct:
At Hijos de Dios, we will treat those we work with honor, respect and dignity in our attitudes, our words, and our actions. We will think the best of our co-workers; those we work alongside of, those we lead and those who are our leaders. We will treat one another and speak to one another with respect and dignity in all our interactions with one another.
(1 Thessalonians 5:11-15; 1 Corinthians 13)
8. We are: Sons and Daughters; Brothers and Sisters; Fathers and Mothers:
At Hijos de Dios, we will learn to become a Son/Daughter, Brother/Sister and a Father/Mother. We will represent a family to those around us. We will treat those we serve and serve with, with love, care, grace, honesty, kindness and faith. To the best of our ability we will work at bringing reconciliation and healing in families.
(Galatians 4:6; Hebrews 2:10; John 21)
As ministers at Hijos de Dios, we will approach everyday as ministry to God and all those around us. This job is a ministry for us and not just a job. We believe in being skilled workers that believe in what God has put in us, serve others and grow to become better. (In our personal and work lives).
(Acts 20:35; Colossians 3:23-24)
At Hijos de Dios we will create an environment of giving and not taking.
(Acts 20:35; Matthew 10:42)
Love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
Love your neighbours as yourself.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Statement of Faith
- In one true and living God externally existing and revealed to us as the Father, creator of all living things: the Son, Jesus Christ, God incarnate; and the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension under God, and imminent return in power and glory.
- The Holy Scriptures are the inspired and complete revelation of God’s will concerning man’s salvation through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- That men are saved solely through faith in God’s grace as displayed in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism as a public declaration that a believer has died with Christ and risen with Him to walk a life of holiness and love.
- In the unity of all true believers as members of the universal body of Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.
- In the celebration of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus.
- In the ministry of the Holy Spirit: By the inward witness of salvation to the believer. By daily guidance and growth of Christ-like character. By the baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from and following the new birth, evidenced initially by speaking with other tongues, and subsequently by the manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service. By the manifestation of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit. I Cor.12:8-10
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself. Those who have not accepted His redemptive work on their behalf will suffer separation from the Godhead eternally.
- That following His return, Jesus Christ will rule and reign for one thousand years on earth. After this there will be a new heaven and a new earth where all believers will be with Him forever.